ES Library Reading Forum 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ES Library Reading Forum 2009

Number of Topics Right Now 409

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come On Lets Post Some Book Reviews!!!

The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien

Go down 
+9
Nightingale
enterthesandman
unknownW
hua
meepmeep
bubble_gum
anna100
cupcake
kimberlytim
13 posters
AuthorMessage
kimberlytim

kimberlytim

The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Empty
PostSubject: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:49 pm

This book is a great animal fiction. It is the winner of the Newberry Medal. The hardcover title is Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. It is about poor Mrs. Frisby, a single mother mouse. She has plenty of children and a huge problem. She lives on a farm but it is almost time for farming. It would have been alright accept that her youngest son, Timothy, has pneumonia and is too weak and frail to be moved! What will she do? That is when she hears about the rats of NIMH. They are rats who have escaped from a lab at NIMH. They can save her family but will they? How? A great, great book! HIGHLY recommended! I love you this book! Razz
Back to top Go down
cupcake

cupcake

PostSubject: Re: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:37 pm

I had just finished that book as my book club book and it was fabulous! Do you think Mrs. Frisby will see the rats of NIMH again? I think the author should have a sequel to the first. Shocked
Back to top Go down
anna100

anna100

PostSubject: Re: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Ya i remember the book. I love it! I feel bad when Timothy has the sick thing(i forgot the name of it). Two teachers read it to me and my class. BOTH at story times! I like how the rats of NIMH are nice ot her and helps her. how did they get the name of NIMH? I am really looking forward of reading it a third time!

Anna100
Back to top Go down
bubble_gum

bubble_gum

PostSubject: Good book   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:18 pm

I also just finished it for a book club. I'm really glad I chose this book! cheers But I wonder if the Frisbys really do go to Thorn Valley and visit the rats of NIMH. Hey, that would be a good sequel! Surprised
Back to top Go down
meepmeep

meepmeep

PostSubject: The Secret of NIMH by: Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:06 pm

My teacher read this book for read-aloud! There is a sequel, and it's by Robert O'Brein's daughter! I forgot what it's called, but the blurb sounds SO interesting!
Back to top Go down
hua

hua

PostSubject: The Secret of NIMH   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:12 pm

I also enjoyed the book very much.

The sequel to The Secret of NIMH is Rasco and the Rats of NIMH. I searched it up on the internet.
Back to top Go down
unknownW

unknownW

PostSubject: Re: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:03 pm

I loved this book. My teacher read it to me just like meegmeeg. It is an adorable book. I loved it even from the first chapter.
Back to top Go down
enterthesandman

PostSubject: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 pm

THis is an awesome book! My teacher read it out loud to us last year, and I really enjoyed it. I think the sequel to this book will be great!!
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:42 pm

I love this 1! My favorite characters are Timothy, Justin, and Mrs. Frisby. I sort of hate the doctor.
I didn't even know it had a sequel. Hope it will be just as good Exclamation jocolor
Back to top Go down
Ms.Judith

Ms.Judith

PostSubject: Re: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:35 am

It has been many years since I first read this book.
Your posts reminded me of how great the book is and make me want to read it again!
Well done all of you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Showgirl

Showgirl

PostSubject: a sequel   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:41 pm

Do you think the sequel is at the library? I'm interested in reading the sequel, since it's conectes to the Secret of Nimh it will probaly be AWESOME Exclamation
Back to top Go down
esperanza

esperanza

PostSubject: Re: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 pm

My teacher also read it aloud. Fantastic! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enterthesandman

PostSubject: The Secret of Nimh by Romert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:07 pm

This is an awesome book! I remember my teacher read it aloud to me.. but I can't remember which grade! Anyways this is an awesome book!
Back to top Go down
Fsacheezy

Fsacheezy

PostSubject: Re: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:07 pm

i have read mrs frisby and the rats of NIMH. i am guessing this is the sequel. is it? i loved that book. maybe i will read this one. The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien   The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Secret of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
Page 1 of 1