ES Library Reading Forum 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ES Library Reading Forum 2009

Number of Topics Right Now 409

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come On Lets Post Some Book Reviews!!!

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo

Go down 
+11
Showgirl
Ms.Judith
Happy Bunny
kimberlytim
Fsacheezy
Nightingale
Artboy
enterthesandman
xpaws
aqwlord
meepmeep
15 posters
AuthorMessage
meepmeep

meepmeep

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Empty
PostSubject: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:49 am

This book is about a mouse, a rat, a spool of thread, and last but not least, a bowl of soup! Read the book to find out what it's all about! More books by this author:

1)The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
2)Tiger Rising

Kate Dicamillo is a great author!

Last edited by meepmeep on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aqwlord

aqwlord

PostSubject: i read this book too   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:17 pm

this book is very good. i connect to despereaux because i like reading books too!
Back to top Go down
xpaws

xpaws

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:51 pm

I loved this book!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I read it 3 times! I love the part when he is covered in flour and looks like a ghost alien study affraid confused pale What a Face What a Face What a Face Suspect Arrow affraid
Back to top Go down
meepmeep

meepmeep

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:49 pm

My favorite part was when Despereaux drank the queen's favorite soup! queen
Back to top Go down
enterthesandman

PostSubject: The Tale of Desperaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:52 pm

I have also read the Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. She starts the book with a good lead and an interesting plot. Finally, she ends with a satisfying ending!
Back to top Go down
Artboy

Artboy

PostSubject: Despereaux   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:27 pm

The tale of Despereaux is personally my favorite book that Kate DiCammilo has written, I've read it 5 times. Imagine having Despereaux as your best friend! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:43 pm

I have read this book a lot of times. I like reading about castle life and evil prisoners. The thing is this book doesn't have as many extraodinary magical creatures! I think it needs stuff like dragons or fire phoenixes or wizards. bounce
Back to top Go down
Fsacheezy

Fsacheezy

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:20 pm

i love the book tale of despereuax. i like the name chiroruscuro and i think despereuax is cute because he is so small and light.
Back to top Go down
kimberlytim

kimberlytim

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:51 pm

I think that this is a pleasing and fun story. Have you watched the movie? I think that the book is much better! I believe the author also wrote Winn-Dixie.
Back to top Go down
Happy Bunny

Happy Bunny

PostSubject: The Tale of Despereaux   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:23 pm

I also enjoyed the book! Something I thought was really cool was that the pages of the book were like nibbled by mouse Exclamation In 2nd grade I remember, my teacher read that book aloud, in 3rd grade I read it myself, and in 4th grade I watched the movie! All were awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ms.Judith

Ms.Judith

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:58 am

This was one of my very favorite books to read aloud to my students when I was a classroom teacher. I think it will become a classic one day. One of the things I liked the best about it is how none of the characters are completely good or evil. They all have their needs and are just trying to have those needs met. A very human-like books considering it is a fantasy!
If you have not read any other of Kate Dicamillo's books, run to your nearest library and check another out!
Back to top Go down
Showgirl

Showgirl

PostSubject: sounds good!   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:20 pm

I have read Because of Win-Dixie and the Miraculous Journey of Edward (well actually my 3rd grade teacher read it to me) but not The Tale of Despereaux, it sounds really good though so i might try it.
Back to top Go down
Fsacheezy

Fsacheezy

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 9:41 am

despereux was very smart when he used a needle as a sword for his size. i also saw the movie in class. ( the princess looks a bit weird) Shocked
Back to top Go down
tigeress

tigeress

PostSubject: the tale of Despuraux   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 am

I haven't read the book, but I have watched the movie.
Back to top Go down
Showgirl

Showgirl

PostSubject: movie   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 am

is the movie good Question
Back to top Go down
icecreamgirl

icecreamgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:00 pm

isthis author the same author who wrote Winn-Dixie?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Showgirl

Showgirl

PostSubject: yes   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:45 pm

yup, you're correct both by Kate Decamillo! I think she's a good author Smile
Back to top Go down
esperanza

esperanza

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:51 am

yup
Back to top Go down
animallover122

animallover122

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:53 pm

My mom read that book to me when I was maybe 4 or 5 years old and it was SOOOOO good!!! Very Happy Razz flower
Back to top Go down
Fsacheezy

Fsacheezy

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 am

yes, its different from the book. instead of locking te pea in chains, they take her to the rat stadium where they let rats eat her, anyways i wont spoil the show. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo   The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo
Page 1 of 1