ES Library Reading Forum 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ES Library Reading Forum 2009

Number of Topics Right Now 409

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come On Lets Post Some Book Reviews!!!

Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightingale

Nightingale

Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan Empty
PostSubject: Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan   Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 am

This is a story around World war II, German Nazi soldiers captured Peter Lundstrom's town in norway. They have a country treasure, thirteen hundred gold bricks, which Norway wants to be taken to america for safekeeping. There was a risky plan -- all the schoolchildren were to go sledding hiding gold on their sleds to a hidden boat which would leave for America under the very eyes of the Nazi sentries. pale
Back to top Go down
animallover122

animallover122

PostSubject: Re: Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan   Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Ooooooooohhh! That sounds interesting. Veeeeery interesting. Can you tell me more about it? You don't have to though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: More about snow treasure   Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:51 am

Nah, it's okay. the boat they are taking it to is Peter's uncle's ship named Cleng Peerson, who is like the Norweigian daniel Boone. It is interesting because they also make false epidemics to stop school from starting so they can continue to sled gold down a hill. They also meet a NAzi soldier who turns out to be a captive Polish who wants to go with them to America. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Transformer

Transformer

PostSubject: Snow Treasure By Marie McSwigan   Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:53 am

Is this a hard level book? How long is it? Part of this is true? It's like a based on a true story right?
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan   Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Right, transformer, it's based on true. After world war II this story came to light but now after about 40 years there's no real proof it existed. but it's still a touching story of courageousness on how these kids defended and bravely aided their country in times of great danger. It's not a hard level book, not really, but you can't say it's not hard either. in between.
Back to top Go down
Fsacheezy

Fsacheezy

PostSubject: Re: Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan   Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:30 pm

i really wanted to read it. but i am afraid if i read it i will be sad. i dont like stories about nazis killing. i dont know to read it or not!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan   Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ES Library Reading Forum 2009 :: Book Genres :: Historical Fiction Books Forum-
Jump to: