ES Library Reading Forum 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ES Library Reading Forum 2009

Number of Topics Right Now 409

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come On Lets Post Some Book Reviews!!!

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan

Go down 
+5
bubble_gum
aqwlord
Frostbite23
xpaws
ricky7tee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ricky7tee

ricky7tee

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Empty
PostSubject: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:32 pm

This series was fantasic! It's a really good series and I hope you read it.
The series is about a demigod (half human, half god) called Percy Jackson who's father is the God of the Sea, Poseidon. Percy finds out that he is a demigod and goes to Camp Half-Blood where all the demigods train to fight monsters and to protect themselves. Meanwhile, *Lord Kronos, the previous god that ruled, is starting to come back alive, and is making an army to fight the Olympians (the gods that rule now) and to restore his place the god of the gods. Percy Jackson and his friends must fight Lord Kronos and his army, and to stop him from trying to kill them. What makes the story even more interesting is that there is a prophecy and the prophecy says that when a child of the 'Big Three" (the child of Poseidon, Zeus or Hades) turns 16 years old, they will have to make a choice that will make a big difference... But who is the child in the prophecy? There's Thalia, who is the daughter of Zeus (she doesn't appear until the end of the second book), Percy Jackson, who is the son of Poseidon (he is the main character), and Nico, the son of Hades (who I think doesn't appear until the thrid or fourth book). Read it to find out! Cool

The series in order:

1) Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif
2) Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monstors
3) Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse
4) Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth
5) Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (Last book of the series Crying or Very sad ) *this book has just come out in America on May 2nd.

A book from the series, but is sort of like an extra:

1) The Demigod Files (It's out already, and it was on the scholastic book order.)

All of these books are in the library except for the Last Olympian and the Demigod Files but LUCKILY, you can order all the books on Amazon.com! Enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
xpaws

xpaws

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:47 pm

I read all of the books except The Last Olympian. I really want to read it!!!!!

I agree with you, the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series is one of the best! lol!
i love Greek myths! Exclamation Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
Frostbite23

Frostbite23

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:03 pm

I also love Greek mythology and i also have read ever book except for the battle of the labyrinth and the last Olympian I love this series they are action packed and described really well i hope i can read those 2 books soon! bounce Surprised
Back to top Go down
aqwlord

aqwlord

PostSubject: i read it too!   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:13 pm

hey guys! i read it too! my favorite part was the battle with Ares Twisted Evil ! I'm reading The Titan's Curse, the 3rd book in the series. study
Back to top Go down
Frostbite23

Frostbite23

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:42 pm

oh the titan's curse is really nicely described and i can almost imagine it really happening before my eyes i loved it!

Very Happy Smile bounce
Back to top Go down
bubble_gum

bubble_gum

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm only on the second book, The Sea of Monsters, but so far the series is really AWESOME Exclamation
Back to top Go down
bubblewrap

PostSubject: comment   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:01 pm

I read all of the books in the series and I think you should too. Surprised
Back to top Go down
amanda

PostSubject: The last Olympian by |Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:53 am

I have read all 5 of the books and I come to say that the fith book is great! It has greatly and deep parts where you think percy has come to his last battle but no he gets out of it somehow! But to be scinceer about it I think the 1st one in the seris is the best The lighning theif by |Rick Riordan Very Happy The fith one is about about \Percy who is the main character and know he knows the time has coe and he has to save the world pluse olympous and kill Kronos but still percy wont back down but the onlything he is affriad of is in the prohecy it says "a great hero will fall." but you need to read the 1,2,3,4 then you can read the 5th!
Back to top Go down
Ms.Judith

Ms.Judith

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:02 am

Okay you Percy Jackson fans- here's a question for you:

If one of your parents actually was a Greek God, which one would you want him/her to be and why?

I'll start: I think I would have liked my mother to have been Demeter, that way I'd be real good at gardening and could get rid of those troublesome summer weeds with just one glance. Of course spending 6 months a year in the underworld would be kind of a bummer, but at least I could visit with my grandparents and get a lot of reading done by the fire...

Who would YOU choose?!
Back to top Go down
bobdo

bobdo

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:49 am

Oh, I just bought the whole series after I finished the first 2 books.
I've just about finished the battle of the Labryinth and it's great.
Also I'm really eager to read The Last Olympian. (Which I also have)

The God I would want for a parent would probably be Athena or Poisedon.
Poisedon because then I could breathe underwater and control water.
Athena because then I could be really smart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan   Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series) by Rick Riordan
Page 1 of 1