ES Library Reading Forum 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ES Library Reading Forum 2009

Number of Topics Right Now 409

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come On Lets Post Some Book Reviews!!!

Boy by Roald Dahl

Go down 
+11
Showgirl
Deltalead 38
Ms.Judith
Stephanie1352
ISB
kimberlytim
slamdunk525
candy
Texas Lover
Transformer
jina
15 posters
AuthorMessage
jina

jina

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Boy by Roald Dahl   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Boy, by Roald Dahl is a biography book. It is based on Roald Dahl's childhood life, and this is the first biography book Roald Dahl had made! The book, contains many stories about Roald Dahl's childhood. The most interesting part was when Roald Dahl (As a boy) put a dead mouse in the gobstopper bottle. Laughing It's a fantastic book for you to read! lol!
Back to top Go down
Transformer

Transformer

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Boy   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:40 pm

Is Boy in the library? If not where is it?
Back to top Go down
jina

jina

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy by Roald Dahl   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:33 am

There should be one in the library... But if not, you could buy it in the internet or the bookstore. sunny
Back to top Go down
Texas Lover

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy by Roald Dahl   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:29 pm

My teacher read Boy to us in class and it was like he wrote like a story. His life was pretty cool and he was sort of like a daredevil Laughing
Back to top Go down
candy

candy

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Boy   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:43 pm

The Boy series is really cool in different ways. The first book is about his kid life. The second one was about his adult lif and the third one I'm still reading. Tell you when I'm finished!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slamdunk525

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Boy   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:58 pm

I thought Boy was a good story, if you are an Roald Dahl fan, you can get to know more about Roald Dahl's life.
I also thought it was a great book because I thought it was really interesting and funny because of all the tricks
Roald Dahl or his friends did! I really reccommend this book to everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kimberlytim

kimberlytim

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Agree!   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:38 pm

I agree, this was an awesome book! My teacher read it to my class and I and it was hilarious! I also agree that he was a daredevil! Especially with the dead mouse... I have the sequel, Going Solo, and I'm definitely going to check it out! By the way, what is the third book about? What a Face
Back to top Go down
ISB

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: boy   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:03 pm

I have that book at my house too!!!Razz
It was cool!!!
Although I have not finished yet(because I thought it was boring), I read your forum, so now I think the book is kind of cool!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Stephanie1352

Stephanie1352

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Boy   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:22 pm

WOW~ All the reply post you have saying that it is a fab book, is making me wanting to read it. By the way, is Boy in bookstores in BJ??? confused
Back to top Go down
Ms.Judith

Ms.Judith

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy by Roald Dahl   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:24 am

Yes, I don't think you will have any trouble in finding "Boy" or any of Roald Dahl's books in libraries or bookstores.
Aren't you glad you didn't have a childhood like his?! I could tell where he got many ideas for his books from his own personal experiences.

Going Solo is about his years during World War II flying in the Royal Air Force. Also a great book!
Back to top Go down
Deltalead 38

Deltalead 38

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: me too!   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:11 pm

i have also read boy, my teacher read it to us because she thought is sounded fun, and she was right!
really good book, everyone should read it, so funny! my teacher said that when she was a little girl
she went to a school like the one in boy! it's kind of funny when he gets whacked on the back by the old guy's
cane! Smile really good book! and in fact, some of his ideas are personal experiences!
lol!
Deltalead out.
Back to top Go down
Showgirl

Showgirl

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: sounds interesting   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:06 pm

looks like everyone is saying boy is a good book! i'm not really into biographies but maybe i'll try it after all king
Back to top Go down
tigeress

tigeress

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Boy by Ronald Dahl   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:44 am

Boy is a really funny book. All the pranks Ronald did are so funny they make me giggle.
Back to top Go down
Showgirl

Showgirl

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: boy   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:20 am

I never knew that Roald Dahl played pranks when he was young! I wonder how the people he played pranks on reacted lol! were they scared affraid ? suprised Surprised ? thought it was funny Laughing ?
or confused scratch ? now boy seems even more interesting! I'm going to read it.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: roald dahls tricks   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:53 pm

I haven't read boy but i know a lot of roald's pranks. Once there was this man who i think his sister wanted to marry (I don't remember much) and he was always smoking a cigar and Roald didnt like that so he put goat droppings inside it and when the man smoked it, it was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Showgirl

Showgirl

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: That's so funny!   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:25 pm

That's so funny, but isn't the cigarette hole too small to fit goat droppings? scratch That's such a funny joke, how did the man react? lol!
Back to top Go down
esperanza

esperanza

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy by Roald Dahl   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:27 pm

My former teacher read half of "Boy" to my former class. I will definitely find it and read it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
esperanza

esperanza

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy by Roald Dahl   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

What else did Roald Dahl do?
Back to top Go down
Hoolia

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Boy is a good book   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Our teacher read this book to us and I really like it and it was so adventureous. It was a bit hard for me to believe that Roald Dahl had a life like this or anyone had a life like that it was so much, I mean so many things happened and they are all so special and exciting and something always happens. Exclamation jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boy by Roald Dahl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boy by Roald Dahl   Boy by Roald Dahl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boy by Roald Dahl
Page 1 of 1